DURAD® 40 is a trialkyl phosphate antiwear and extreme pressure additive for industrial oils. Neutral trialkyl phosphates significantly improve the antiwear/extreme pressure properties of mineral and synthetic oils. However, unlike triaryl phosphates, they contain no phenolic species and may therefore be preferred for use in applications where there is concern about the potential release of the oil into the environment.
DURAD® 40 is used as antiwear/extreme pressure additive in both synthetic and mineral oil base lubricants. Traditionally, phosphorus-based AW additives have been based on acid alkyl phosphates and phosphites. The acid phosphates and phosphites, while very active, have several disadvantages; for example they are difficult to handle, can cause corrosion, hydrolyse readily, are sensitive to hard water, will interact with other additives (e.g. basic/overbased additives). The triakyl phosphates do not suffer from the above problems and therefore offer advantages as neutral products, free from phenolic compounds.
DURAD® 40 displays the following benefits for oil formulators:
• Ashless antiwear and extreme pressure additives
• Free from phenols and chlorine
• Have very low acidity and do not react with other additives
• Synergize effectively with sulfur carriers to further improve EP performance
• Excellent solubility in a wide range of mineral oils and synthetic fluids
• Low odor and volatility
• Easy to handle, pump and blend at ambient temperatures
- 4 x 200 KG STEEL DRUMS (Pallet)
**Production lead time: 4 weeks**
**Supplier: LANXESS Deutschland GmbH**